Wednesday 19 May 2010

Wiki & online group environment

Having been working on my VLE in an online group environment (Grouply) I am finding it fairly easy to use and organise things. I have been "banging on" previously about how much I like working in wiki's for the ease of organising information, Grouply is just as easy however. Wikis do allow discussion relative to each page and within the page. The online group, it seems so far, that there is only one discussion area.

In both cases I am wary of not making the pages too busy and having information and tasks easy to find especially when people are new to online interaction other than email.

2 comments:

martine_fraser@hotmail.com said...

Hi Gillian,
Yes, i believe that when we get to know a web program we tend to stick with it.. I was the same. I really enjoyed creating a quiz with Google docs, however just recently i created a quiz with Moodle. I found Moodle to be very easy to use and i think ill probably use Moodle now when needing to develop a quiz. It just show that without trying other web programs we will never know what else is out there.
Great idea about less is more!! otherwise it get too confusing and may overwhelm the reader.
Martine

Gillian Ryan said...

I have used the following for making quizzes:
Survey monkey - which does not have an embed function but has a great range of question types.
Survey Gyzmo - which I didn't use- I forget why not but you an get a free version as a student.
http://www.mystudiyo.com/
can by embed in a website, can add comments to responses and has a scoring function.

Must add these to my wiki.

cheers